Chick 'n Chips
Taste test: We've reviewed a few snacks that were themed on a plate of Fish & Chips, but this one took a slightly different approach. The bag contained two different shapes of potato snack: square-profile, hollow fries that were supposed to be the chips, and hollow puffs with patterned exteriors shaped like a chicken leg (or drumstick). Both kinds had a fairly coating heavy orange-red seasoning on the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a strong crunch with good crispness from the fries, and a softer crunch with equally good crispness from the chicken-shaped ones. Both kinds seemed to taste about the same, with a potato flavor and a sweet, tomatoey ketchup seasoning. Not the tastiest or more ketchup-like of ketchup snacks, but pretty good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sharp, vinegary ketchup smell.
From the package: “A product of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Trinidad and Tobago (16 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (409 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (376 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Judy and Lee. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Corn Pops Jumbo Snax Caramel Crunch
- Speedy Choice Carolina Reaper Premium Cheese Curls
- Froot Loops Jumbo Snax
- Kraken Extra Hot Flavor
- Speedy Choice Fire Roasted Sweet Corn Premium Popcorn
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road