Hippie Chips Baked Potato Chips with Hemp Haight-Ashberry Jalapeno
Taste test: These potato crisps looked kind of like Popchips, but they were thinner and more irregularly shaped.
The texture was also a lot like Popchips, maybe a little less crunchy in this case. The shocking part here was the flavor when we crunched in, as it tasted really weird. But after checking out the bag, we really shouldn't have expected anything but weird! Beyond lots of flower power types of slogans and symbols, these promised to combine jalapeno heat with berries — and not just berries three different kinds of berries. Reactions ranged from weird to just bad. Kind of a fun adventure, but such an odd taste that I don't think I could snack on these regularly.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very weird mix of flavors, but it made more sense once I realized this included actual berries.
From the package: “Healthy Snacks For The Rocker In You™” ... “The World's Greatest All Natural Potato Chip” ... “Hippie Chips are the best tasting and most unique potato chips in the world. Hemp seeds bring a free-spirited addition to the ordinary potato chip experience, offering superlative taste and superior nutrition. Hippie chips will awaken the free spirit hidden in you!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Rock-n-Roll Gourmet
Categories for this snack:
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (246 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road