Herr's Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Philly Cheese Steak
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: These potato chips were crisp with a nice kettle-cooked crunch, and they had a tasty, very oniony steak flavor, like grilled onions.
There was no cheese in the taste that I could notice. The flavor wasn't a whole lot different from what other chip companies usually call a Steak & Onion chip. I ate quite a few cheesesteaks when I lived in Philadelphia (Thanks Abner's!), and these chips didn't really taste much like a cheesesteak. But then again, there are quite a few variations on the cheesesteak recipe within the city.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good rich kettle cooked potato chips smell, but I smelled neither cheese nor steak.
From the package: “Experience the delicious taste of nature's finest potatoes, cooked in small batches in pure vegetable oil and sprinkled with just the right amount of salt. We think you'll agree these are the tastiest, most wholesome, all natural potato chips you'll ever munch.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Cheese (321 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2006
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published April 2006.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road