Herr's Tangy BBQ Popped Chips
Taste test: These "Popped Chips" from Herr's appear to be their answer to Popchips, the round crisps from Sonora Mills that have proven very popular with snackers. This kind was made from a mix of potato and rice, and they seemed to be about the same diameter as Popchips.
I crunched in to find that they were somewhat thinner and denser. They had a good crunch but were a little less crisp than Popchips. They were quite tasty, as the barbecue seasoning was sweet and tangy (more intense than the barbecue seasoning on Popchips) and mixed well with underlying the potato/rice crisps. They were pretty good, and our tasters gave many thumbs-ups, but the lower level of crispness put them a notch below Popchips.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like barbecue sauce. Nice.
From the package: “All Natural” ... “No Trans Fat” ... “Gluten Free” ... “No Cholesterol” ... “No Preservatives”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published May 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road