Herr's Sweet Thai Chili Potato Chips
Taste test: These wide-rippled potato chips had a light yellow color on parts of their surfaces, with bright orange in other parts, as the seasoning looked intense but was applied unevenly. There was some fairly light-colored potato skin on parts of the edges.
We crunched in to find a very good crispness and fairly soft crunch, with a tasty mix of spices that was mild at first but got more intense in the the aftertaste, including some heat. The flavor was very good, but it didn't really taste that much like a Thai sweet chili sauce — neither the sweetness nor the chili really matched closely to the various sauces we've tried. But flavor match or not, the snackers who tried these all liked the taste a lot.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild, but yes, like sweet chili sauce. Wish it were stronger.
From the package: “Hot? Sweet? It's a Thai! East meets West with Herr's® new Sweet Thai Chili Potato Chips. Combining sweet honey flavor with a bold Thai chili pepper sauce provides all of the flavor the crispy Herr's® chip can handle. It's a one-of-a-kind taste that is sure to give you a kick.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road