Herr's Ripple Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These thick-cut, wide-rippled chips were yellow with lots of dark bits of skin around their edges.
They had quite a bit of crunch but were just slightly less crisp than I would have preferred. There was a good amount of potato flavor, with a fairly generous helping of salt, so the taste was pretty good. But not as good as the rippled, non-kettle-cooked chips from Herr's, which are quite good. Comparing these to the rippled chips from Kettle Chips, I'd have to give the edge to Kettle, as those have a much richer and tastier potato flavor.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good strong salty fried potato smell.
From the package: “Start with the very best potatoes and you'll end up with the very best potato chips. That's the recipe for success behind all Herr's® potato chip products. And these new Ripple Kettle Chips are no exception. They're sliced extra thick and cooked extra slow for extra flavor and crunch. Rippled to hold more of that flavor in. And packed up fresh for your snacking pleasure.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Snaxpo. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road