Herr's Peppered Bacon Potato Chips
Taste test: We've reviewed quite a few bacon-flavored potato chips, as well as many salt & pepper chips, but this was the first one that combined the two, so it was an easy purchase decision. I opened the bag to find that the chips had wide ripples and generally a pale yellow color, but oddly, many of the chips had large brownish areas too. This was an unusual look for potato chips, and at first I thought maybe that brown was the bacon seasoning. Upon closer inspection, it didn't look like the brown was a seasoning powder, and in general the seasoning powder was fairly minimal.
I crunched in to find an excellent crispness and nice crunch, with a mild mix of bacon and black pepper — some bacon, but not all that much, and some pepper, but again not all that much. But the combination of both with the potato tasted quite good. The weird brown areas on some of the chips didn't seem to affect the texture or flavor, and everyone who tried these was a big fan.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly bacony on the first whiff, then mildly peppery on the second one.
From the package: “Mmmmm ... Bacon! Who doesn't like the meaty goodness of bacon? The crisp, savory, mouth-watering flavor that sizzles right from the skillet.. We've loaded our delicious ripple cut potato chips with a hearty bacon flavor and then hit it with a generous amount of cracked pepper. Together these flavors will satisfy your deepest snack cravings.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (130 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road