Herr's McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wide ripples and a light yellow color on the surfaces, with some small blackish bits scattered throughout.
We crunched in to find a nice crunch and a flavor that didn't so much seem like seasoned steak or even just steak seasoning as it did just plain black pepper. The pepper wasn't as fresh or sharp as lots of other black pepper chips, and there were probably some other spices mix in too, but the black pepper was sufficiently dominant that it was hard to tell what the other ones were. (Oddly, Black Pepper wasn't even listed as one of the ingredients.) Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild black pepper smell.
From the package: “So when we set out to capture the authentic Montreal Steak® flavor, we turned to the masters at Grill Mates®. The bold combination of peppers and garlic on fire-grilled steak is perfectly delivered on our classic ripple chip.” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (contains one or more of the following: Corn, Cottonseed, Soybean, Sunflower), Seasoning (Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Salt, Yeast Extract, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavor), Salt.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (1959 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (586 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (126 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (107 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road