Herr's Lattice Cut Ranch Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: Much like the other Lattice chips from Herr's (and similar ones from Cape Cod), these potato chips were cut with ripples in two different directions on the bottom and top of each chip, with the angle between the cuts varying from one chip to the next. The chips had colors ranging from light yellow to pale yellow in various places, with occasional bits of skin on the edges, plus some scattered large bits of green on the surfaces.
We crunched in to find an excellent crunch — crisp and quite crunchy but not too hard. There was a good potato flavor, but the ranch seasoning was not particularly intense. If you're craving some ranch dressing, these chips might not satisfy your craving (unless you dip them in ranch dressing). But they were still pretty good chips, with excellent texture and very good potato flavor.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really particularly ranchy. Some other sort of spices, but mostly can smell the fried potato.
From the package: “With their distinctive criss-cross cut, Herr's® Lattice Kettle Chips are already a cut above the ordinary. So when we top them with a classic creamy smooth ranch flavor, flecked with savory herbs and spices, the result is a snack that is truly something special. You have my word on it. — Ed Herr, President”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road