Herr's Fire Roasted Sweet Corn Potato Chips
Taste test: These wide-rippled potato chips ranged from medium yellow to a really bright yellow in color, with some skin on the edges of some of the chips, plus a sparse amount of dark seasoning powder.
I grabbed a bunch of chips (most were smallish) and crunched in to find a soft crunch and a flavor unlike any other potato chips we've reviewed (and that's over 1000 kinds). Then again, we haven't tried any other potato chips that even claimed to taste like sweet corn. The taste was like sweet creamed corn, except maybe sweeter. It wasn't too sweet in a sugary way, but it sure was sweet. All of our snackers were surprised by the flavor, and most liked it, though one person was completely revolted, complaining that it tasted like bad fake butter.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, smells like a cob of sweet corn right out of the boiling water. Amazing.
From the package: “Take a bite of this unique flavor sensation, Herr's® Fire Roasted Sweet Corn Potato Chips. Herr's® takes the finest potatoes and cooks them in pure vegetable oil to a golden crispy crunch. We then top them with the flavor of a roasted sweet corn. It's just like a backyard barbecue. We hope you enjoy all of our uniquely flavored potato chips.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Corn Chips (228 snacks)
- Sweet Corn Snacks (15 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road