Herr's Chickie's & Pete's Famous Crabfries seasoned Potato Chips with White Creamy Cheese Sauce
Taste test: These potato chips had wide ripples and a range of light orange colors, with some dark seasoning powder in places. They promised to duplicate the taste of a particular restaurant treat.
We crunched in to find a good crisp crunch and a tangy, spicy flavor that worked well with the potato. It was very roughly similar to Herr's Old Bay chips, but certainly not the same taste, as the Old Bay seasoning seemed milder, and it was enhanced quite a bit by the addition of cheese — it was a really tasty mix of spices. When we shared the bag around, most snackers were big fans, in many cases returning to the bag for chip after chip after chip. A good one!
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild, but Old Bay-like.
From the package: “Herr's legendary Ripple Cut Potato Chips have joined forces with Chickie's & Pete's® World Famous Crabfries®, and the result is a snack that's in a class by itself. These delicious Herr's ripple chips have been generously seasoned with the winning taste of Chickie's & Pete's® Crabfries® and creamy cheese sauce that makes Chickie's & Pete's® a Philadelphia fan favorite. — Ed Herr, President/CEO”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
- Old Bay seasoned chips (12 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Fresh Grocer on Grays Ferry (where the Pathmark used to be), Philadelphia. Review published August 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road