Herr's Baked Ripple Potato Crisps Aged Cheddar
Taste test: These potato crisps came in very odd shapes, with rippled, wiggly surfaces and a color that ranged from a pale beige to a fairly bright orange, depending on the distribution of cheese powder.
We crunched in to find a pretty good crispness and nice crunch, with quite a bit of mild cheddar taste. Our snackers compared the taste various to Cheez Whiz or mac-n-cheese, and people enjoyed the taste quite a bit, in many cases reaching back to the bag for handful after handful. We still think potato chips are better than crisps, but as potato crisps go, these were about as good as we've ever tried!
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of weird. Chemically, but remotely cheddary too.
From the package: “oven baked goodness” ... “In Herr's® Aged Cheddar Baked Ripple Crisps, the satisfying texture of a classic ripple cut potato chip meets the wholesome goodness of an oven-baked crisp. Top it off with the flavor of premium aged cheddar. And what could be better?”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published August 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road