Hawaiian Chip Company Original Flavor Sweet Potato & Taro Chips
Taste test: This mix of two chip types was decent, though nothing spectacular.
The taro chips were huge and very crunchy, and not very crisp, with the typical ink-smudge appearance of other taro chips. They tasted OK, but I preferred the taste of the seasoned version of this same veggie combination from Hawaiian Chip Company. The plain taro wasn't awful or anything, but the flavor just was not quite my cup of tea. The sweet potato chips came in two colors, with some the typical orange, and others purple. They were very crunchy, though they had less sweet potato flavor than some other brands. Still, they were OK. For plain veggie chips, the Terra Chips mixture offers a wider variety of tastes.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good veggie chips smell. The taro chips seemed to dominate over the sweet potato.
From the package: “Made in Hawaii”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Hawaiian Chip Company LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Sweet Potato Chips (60 snacks)
- Taro Snacks (20 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published September 2008.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road