Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips Island Lemon
Taste test: These potato chips a wide variety of colors on their surfaces, ranging from a bright yellow to largely brown, plus many dark spots, with some wiggly shapes and bits of skin on the edges.
I crunched in to find a loud crunch with pretty good crispness. I was expecting lots of intense sour lemon flavor after reading the back of the bag, but the actual flavor was fairly subdued. There was a bit of lemon and a bit of vinegar, mixed in with the usual salt and potato taste. The inclusion of lemon at all made it fairly unusual for potato chips, but they really didn't go over the top with the flavor. Not that bold, but still pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very slightly lemony.
From the package: “Special Batch #1” ... “Tart & Tangy! It's all about the pucker factor. Bursting with Lemon Zing, our Island Lemon flavored potato chips will make your mouth pucker! And they're the first of our big & bold Special Batch creations. They're limited editions so get 'em while you can and imagine yourself among the bright and fresh-scented lemon groves.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Tim's Cascade Snacks
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (167 snacks)
- Lemon Snacks (36 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road