Hartley's Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips looked somewhat like your typical kettle-cooked chips, with a wiggly shape, a medium yellow color and some more orangey bands of color toward the edges of some of the chips.
But when I crunched in, I found the taste and texture to be much different than many other kettle-style chips, as the crunch was a soft one and the feel was very moist and oily. Several of our tasters compared the taste to KFC chicken. Another taster said it had the oily feel of potato sticks. It was definitely a major change in taste and texture from both conventional potato chips and most of the kettle-cooked varieties we've snacked on.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of potatoey, but also a bit like powdered donuts.
From the package: “We at Hartley's pride ourselves on the quality of our 'Kettle Cooked' potato chips. Since 1935 when that first batch of chips was fried by Mr. & Mrs. J. Irvin Hartley, the quality remains the same. So pick up a bag today of 'The Original Kettle Cooked Potato Chips.' ” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Shortening (Cottonseed and/or Soybean) and Salt.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Hartley's Potato Chip Co., Inc.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road