Hardbite 18 Carrot Gold
Taste test: Eating fried-up underground veggies is a big part of what we do here, with 44 different sweet potato chips and 1649 potato chips among our reviews. But so far, no carrot chips? Well, here we go!
The chips had dark colors without much evidence of orange, with an appearance almost more like dark russets than sweet potato chips, and man folded-over chips. It looked like they cut the carrots at an angle to get bigger pieces, rather than straight cross-sections. We crunched in to find a soft crunch and moist feel, with a flavor that was kind of like sweet potato chips, but not quite the same. Carrots aren't generally loaded with flavor, and this flavor didn't really match up with the one they do have. When we shared the bag around among a bunch of snackers, most people weren't fans of the taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot like sweet potato chips.
From the package: “Lightly Salted Carrot Chips” ... “Gluten Free” ... “Handcrafted-style Chips” ... “Farmer grown • Farmer owned” ... “Our delicious ingredients: Carrots, non-hydrogenated sunflower oil and/or non-hydrogenated canola oil, sea salt.” ... “Everybody likes carrots, right? Raw and naked? Diced and boiled? Juiced or in a cake? Try sliced and kettle cooked. Yep. Light, crunchy, delicious… and much easier to eat on a bus in front of strangers.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road