Hal's New York Kettle Chips Original Sea Salt
Taste test: These potato chips came in small pieces — the average chip being as small as any chips we've seen in a normal-size bag — and had a strong yellow color, with somewhat wiggly shapes, including some folded-over chips. There were many bits of dark skin around the edges.
I crunched in to find a crisp feel, with a softer crunch than the solid Cape Cod chips, but still plenty crunchy. There was lots of salty potato taste, very similar to Cape Cod, so these followed their lead in most ways, except for size and crunch.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong fried potato smell.
From the package: “Hal was NY born, NY made” ... “He loved to tease his sons by calling potato chips 'crackers'. Today we pay tribute to Hal by bringing you great tasting Hal's New York Kettle Cooked Potato Chips (or crackers) in the flavors that he loved.” ... “Product of the USA”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Hal's Beverage, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2016 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (253 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road