Hal's New York Kettle Chips Barbeque
Taste test: These potato chips came in fairly small pieces, much like Hal's original chips, with somewhat wiggly shapes and some bubbles embedded inside. There was lots of seasoning powder on the surfaces, resulting in various shades of yellow and light orange.
I crunched in to find a light crunch and crispy feel, with a sweet and tangy barbecue flavor that was tasty but not much out of the ordinary. Then it surprised with some heat in the aftertaste — not something that we usually see in BBQ chips without "Hot" somewhere in their name. The heat grew to a moderate level and lingered for a long time. Pretty good chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet and spicy barbecue smell, but very mild.
From the package: “Hal was NY born, NY made” ... “He loved to tease his sons by calling potato chips 'crackers'. Today we pay tribute to Hal by bringing you great tasting Hal's New York Kettle Cooked Potato Chips (or crackers) in the flavors that he loved.” ... “Product of the USA”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Hal's Beverage, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2016 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road