Haldiram's Aloo Masala Traditional Chips
Taste test: When I saw the pictures on the bag and the words "potato chips" I assumed that these were going to be potato chips, but I opened it to find snacks that looked very different, with kind of a thick-cut potato crisps sort of look, with lots of orange seasoning.
Some pieces were broken, so we could see a cross-section, which revealed that they were quite thick, almost like crackers. The crunch was a bit cracker-like too, but the taste was what really stood out, as the spices were very intense, with a serious kick of heat and a mix of different peppers. Some tasters wouldn't go near these as soon as they took a whiff of the bag, while others tried them and though the taste was very weird. Most people didn't like the taste, though a few found it interesting, but nobody had anything good to say about the texture.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Somewhat fruity mix of hot spices.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potatoes (67%), Edible Vegetable Oil (Palmolein), Red Chilli Powder (7%), Edible Common Salt, Mango & Acidity Regulator (INS 330)”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (98 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Masala snacks (19 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Shalimar India Food & Spices, Central Square, Cambridge. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road