Haitai Baked Potato Stick
Taste test: This tube contained three foil packages, each containing a whole bunch of thin, roundish profile, beige-colored sticks. Based on the flames depicted on the package and the fact that we can't read Korean, we were expecting some sort of hot flavor.
We crunched in to find that the heat was not to be, as the flames apparently just meant "baked potato" — the sticks were tasty, but very mildly flavored. The snack that they were most similar to was Pringles Stix, but these were far from a clone of those. The sticks looked kind of like the Pringes Stix, but their texture was quite different, with a very solid crunch, compared with the soft crunch of the Pringles, and while the Pringles were wheat-based (their full name is Pringles Baked Wheat Stix), these were made from processed potato. They had a somewhat salty, slightly sweet potato taste. Fun to eat and tasty. Our snackers were big fans.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, but similar to Pringles (the crisps, not the Baked Wheat Stix).
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato Powder, Dextrin, Sugar, Palm Oil, Potato Strach [sic], Salt, Margarine (Milk). Processed Grains (Wheat), Shortening, Sugar, Salt, Lecithin (Soy Phospholipids), Processed Sugar, Vanillin, Leavening Agent (Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Phosphate)”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road