Guinness Thick Cut Hand Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had an unusual appearance, with a mix of yellow and brown on their fairly flat surfaces. The big appeal here was the huge word "Guinness" on the bag, so we were eager to share them with some snackers who enjoy a good pint of Guinness (though they were drinking various beers at the time).
When people crunched in to a chip or several, they noticed the excellent crispness and good crunch, and all had high praise for the taste, but nobody detected any flavor resembling beer. Descriptions of the taste varied, but some compared it to a beef ramen type of flavor, while others found it to be like buttermilk or cheese. Very tasty!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not like Guinness. Not like beer. Kind of a sweet mix of spices and potato.
From the package: “This is a love story like no other. The meeting of the world's most famous stout and the world's finest artisan crisp, and one mission to take taste buds to new extremes. Combining their expertise and craftsmanship, Guinness and Burts Chips set out to create the ultimate snack in a pack. Hand cooking quality potatoes to crisp perfection, before evenly seasoning with a rich blend of Guinness® flavors. The result is a mouth-watering crisp with the bitter sweet flavor of this iconic Irish stout”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Guinness (4 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (325 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1988 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (57 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road