Guiltless Gourmet Spicy Black Bean Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These triangular tortilla chips were somewhat wiggly, with a very dark surface that had some lighter-colored seasoning distributed unevenly.
I didn't like the texture when I bit in, as the crunch was not a good one, and the crispness was nonexistent, but there was nice mild flavor from the tasty mix of seasonings. I wouldn't classify the flavor as "spicy" in any way. Once the seasonings wore off, the taste of the chips was OK, though nothing great. These were better than most of the Guiltless Gourmet chips, but still not a tortilla chip that I'd recommend, as the texture was a definite drag on the enjoyability of the chips.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not the usual tortilla chips smell. A decent mix of spices.
From the package: “Made with certified organic corn” ... “So how can these chips be good for me? Guiltless Gourmet Tortilla Chips are baked, not fried. We add just enough oil to make them crisp and help the natural flavors stick. The result is a Crispier Crunch with only 3 grams of fat per serving. Stone Grinding uses the whole corn kernel, so each helping is packed with complex carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber. By the way, you get 18 big chips per serving, which is plenty to satisfy your crunchy craving with guiltless indulgence.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: The B. Manischewitz Company, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published May 2010.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road