Gringo Jack's Chile Rubbed Handmade Flour Tortillas
Taste test: These chips looked sort of like pita chips, except more bubbly and fragile-looking, with surface colors ranging from off-white to a fairly dark, orangish beige, with some dark seasoning powder The bag promised "flakiness and soft crispness" and it took just one bite to confirm that it had both of those things in abundance.
The light feel was very much unlike just about every chip we've tried, and it was quite nice. Most tortilla chips are corn-based, whereas these were made with wheat flour, but they were way different from wheat-based pita chips too. The taste was very good, with a mild fried dough flavor, a slight sweetness and quite a bit of spiciness, especially in the aftertaste. We shared these with a large group of snackers, and just about everyone was struck by how different the texture was. Some were put off a bit by the feel, with most people enjoying the taste quite a lot.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly sweet and sort of fried, kind of like an egg roll.
From the package: “All Natural Omega-3 No Cholesterol Non GMO Expeller Pressed Canola OIl” ... “Every chip will astonish you with its unique flakiness and soft crispness — who could imagine both? You'll never go back to boring chips — not after this. Simply delicious, truly addictive, always all natural — with nothing yucky!”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Gringo Kitchens LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1060 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Chili Chips (231 snacks)
- Wheat Snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road