Great Lakes Potato Chip Co. Kettle Cooked Original Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had strong yellow color, with areas of browning, plus lots of skin around the edges, nearly uninterrupted, proving the "Skin on" claim on the bag to be quite true. Most of the pieces had wiggly shapes or were folded over, with lots of bubbles embedded inside.
We crunched in to find a loud crunch with good crispness, along with a mild potato taste initially and a low level of salt. The potato flavor was rich and got better and stronger after eating several chips in a row. Tasty chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild but rich potato smell. Salty.
From the package: “Simple & satisfying” ... “Skin on” ... “Here in Great Lakes country, we keep things simple. After all, nature has provided all we need. Clear water. Blue skies. Sugar sand beaches. We just add family and friends to help enjoy it all.” ... “Probably made in Michigan” ... “Made in Traverse City”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Great Lakes Potato Chip Company
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road