Gourmet Basics Smart Fries Honey Mustard & Onion
Taste test: These fries had a light beige color, with lots of even-lighter-colored seasoning on their surfaces (it looked like a white cheddar powder, though based on the flavor, it obviously wasn't). Unlike the ones pictured on the bag packed tightly into a fries sleeve, the actual fries were generally curly, rather than nearly straight.
They had a very nice crispness and good light crunch upon biting in, and the honey, mustard and onion seasoning was quite tasty. That seasoning dissipated mostly toward the end of eating each fry, so the potato flavor was what lingered at the end, and that taste was pretty good too, kind of a typical potato puffs type of taste. Good fries!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely honey and mustard, maybe a little onion.
From the package: “Air popped potato sticks” ... “110 calories per serving” ... “80% less fat than regular potato chips. Under 2 g per serving.” ... “Smart Fries by Gourmet Basics is a 'Better For You' snack treat; prepared in an innovative healthy cooking process that preserves the all natural goodness and delicious taste you expect. Smart Fries cook in mid air as they pass through a specially designed hot air oven. Not baked or fried, Smart Fries are 'Air Popped,' light and crunchy, and taste great.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Teva Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road