Golden Spoon Black Pepper Flavor Crispy Fish Skin
Taste test: I'm a big seafood fan, but when it comes to snacks, results have been decidedly mixed from seafood-based ones. I was pretty excited to try this one, mostly because of the mascots on the bag, which included an anthropomorphized pepper shaker and a fish wearing a crown, relaxing on a lounge chair and drinking wine.
The pieces had irregular, wiggly shapes and a whole range of colors, from white to black, with many areas sort of a light greenish beige. There appeared to be a lot of finely ground pepper spread all around.
I crunched in to find a light, crisp crunch and a taste that was slightly peppery at first, growing more peppery after, with a pepper aftertaste too — and fish entering only slightly into the taste equation. It was not fishy in a bad way at all, with maybe a hint of fish in a nicely textured, tasty black pepper snack.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A little black pepper, not fishy at all.
From the package: “Pictures are for reference only” ... “Allergen Information: This product contains fish and soybeans. This production line may process products containing traces of milk or mustard.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Fortune World Trading Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road