Golden Flake Dip Style Southern Heat Potato Chips
Taste test: These narrow-rippled potato chips had just a bit of orange seasoning with some small black specks too, plus some bits of potato skin around the edges. They looked quite different from the heavily orange chips pictured on the bag.
I crunched in to find a surprisingly strong crunch for a narrow-rippled, non-kettle-cooked chip. The first bite was tasty but not heavily flavored, but it quickly grew into a mild heat with sort of a vinegar zing mixed in. These won't win any contests for hottest chip ever, but they were both tasty and hot
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, definitely smells like hot sauce.
From the package: “When it's hotter than an afternoon in July ... It's HOT! When it comes to Flavor ... It's Golden Flake! We have raised the bar and turned up the heat, the Southern Way, on a Hearty Dip Style Potato Chip.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Golden Flake (14 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1971 snacks)
- Hot Chips (995 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (588 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar General. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Harry Potter Chocolate Creatures
- Crunchips X-Cut o smaku Kebab z Celulka
- Combos Spicy Honey Mustard Baked Pretzel
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Tapatío with Lime
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road