Golden Flake Dip Style Cheddar & Sour Cream Potato Chips
Taste test: These narrow-rippled potato chips had a light orange color overall, and we could see lots of orange seasoning in between the ripples, with a good helping of potato skin around the edges of some chips.
We crunched in to find an average crispness and very soft crunch as ripple chips go, with quite a bit of cheddar and sour cream flavoring. The seasoning wasn't particularly sharp or strong, but there was a lot of it, so it did dominate the potato flavor. Pretty good, but neither the flavor nor texture was a standout — we like the combination of cheddar and sour cream a lot, and quite a few companies have done it better than Golden Flake did here.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly strong cheddar smell.
From the package: “The South's Original Potato Chip®” ... “The combination of flavor Oh so hip ... Just try this bag of Golden Flake chips. Cheddar & Sour Cream, taste so smooth. Cover our chips, in every groove. Open this bag, let the crunch begin. Share them at lunch with a friend.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Golden Flake (14 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1988 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Cheddar & Sour Cream (39 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Harveys Supermarket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road