Glories Maple Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips
Taste test: After being impressed by the taste and texture of the original (non-maple, non-chipotle) Glories Sweet Potato Chips, we were intrigued by this new flavor, promising to enhance the great sweet potato taste with some chipotle heat and maple sweetness. We crunched in to find the same impressive sweet potato flavor and texture, but as for maple and chipotle, there didn't really seem to be much of either. There was no heat or even spice to speak of, nor did it taste like these sweet potatoes had ever made the acquaintance of maple syrup. Some tasters who really looked for it found a hint of maple in the aftertaste, but if they weren't actively looking for it, they probably would not have noticed.
If you're craving some plain sweet potato chips but can't find the original Glories, you could just pick up a bag of these, because they were pretty much the same.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good sweet potato smell, but no hot peppers or maple that we could notice.
From the package: “Welcome to the taste born and bred in the South. Our Southern-grown sweet potatoes are kettle cooked to a down-home delicious crunch that captures the essence of 'the good life,' reminiscent of carefree autumn days and warm summer nights.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Good Health Natural Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Sweet Potato Chips (60 snacks)
- Maple Snacks (34 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road