Glicks Finest No Salt Added Potato Chips
Taste test: We've learned to be wary of unsalted potato chips, because regardless of your opinion on having salt in your diet, it sure does help to bring out the taste of the potato.
We opened the bag to find that it was filled with lots of large chips, with many unbroken ones near the top, and the chips had colors ranging from light yellow to golden yellow, with some areas of browning, occasional bits of skin on the edges and many small bubbles embedded inside. The chips looked quite nice.
We crunched in to find that our fears about the lack of salt were well warranted. The first chip had a nice crispness and light crunch, but almost no flavor at all. After eating several more in a row, there was a very mild potato flavor — really very slight, far less than you usually get from a single salted chip. You would really need to eat a lot of these to get even a little bit of potato chip satisfaction. Or, BYOSS (bring your own salt shaker) to eat just a few while getting the flavor that you crave. Even better, just buy Glicks salted regular or rippled chips instead of these.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very strong potato smell.
From the package: “All natural” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Cottonseed Oil” ... “Product of U.S.A.” ... “Kosher of Passover”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Glicks Food
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road