Funyuns Flamin' Hot
Taste test: This version of Funyuns had lots of dark red seasoning on the otherwise yellow rings, and though some rings were redder than others, all had a pretty good helping of the special flavor powder.
I crunched in to taste a pretty good mid-level heat that was mixed with the usual Funyuns onion seasoning, so it still tasted like a Funyun, except with hot sauce. Even when I ate a bunch of them in a row, the heat grew a bit but didn't reach a level that I would describe as "flamin' hot." Overall, the taste was pretty good, but the hot sauce that they used struck me as just hot while not being particularly flavorful.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet onion smell, not actually hot.
From the package: “A deliciously different snack that's spicy fun! Finally — the testy taste of Funyuns® brand Onion Flavored Rings that you've known for years has been set on fire! Flamin' Hot® Funyuns® brand Onion Flavored Rings deliver the crispy texture and shape of an onion ring with a sizzle that will set your mouth on fire.”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Funyuns onion rings (6 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Onion Rings (56 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road