Funyuns Flamin' Hot
Taste test: This version of Funyuns had lots of dark red seasoning on the otherwise yellow rings, and though some rings were redder than others, all had a pretty good helping of the special flavor powder.
I crunched in to taste a pretty good mid-level heat that was mixed with the usual Funyuns onion seasoning, so it still tasted like a Funyun, except with hot sauce. Even when I ate a bunch of them in a row, the heat grew a bit but didn't reach a level that I would describe as "flamin' hot." Overall, the taste was pretty good, but the hot sauce that they used struck me as just hot while not being particularly flavorful.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet onion smell, not actually hot.
From the package: “A deliciously different snack that's spicy fun! Finally — the testy taste of Funyuns® brand Onion Flavored Rings that you've known for years has been set on fire! Flamin' Hot® Funyuns® brand Onion Flavored Rings deliver the crispy texture and shape of an onion ring with a sizzle that will set your mouth on fire.”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Funyuns onion rings (5 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (37 snacks)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Onion Rings (55 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road