Fritos Scoops! Spicy Jalapeño
Taste test: This new version of Fritos promised the extra-large shapes of the longstanding Fritos Scoops and the flavor of the more recent Jalapeño Fritos. (Speaking of recent, we found this bag in 2019 and don't remember seeing these before, but oddly, it had a 2004 copyright on the back.)
We opened the bag to find that the chips had the Scoops shapes as expected, but we also expected some green seasoning bits (which are fairly standard for jalapeño products) and instead we found some black bits (though not a lot of them). We crunched in to find that the chips were not just bigger than regular Fritos, but thicker too, with a good helping of tangy, spicy and hot jalapeño flavoring that worked great as an enhancement to the salty corn chips. As with the regular-size jalapeño Fritos, the were excellent — we could eat them all day.
Shop: Buy Fritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of sweet, but not really spicy or jalapeño-like.
From the package: “Fritos® Scoops® Spicy Jalapeño Flavored Corn Chips combine the classic hearty crunch you love with the fiery taste of spicy jalapeno.”
Online store: Buy Fritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road