Frito-Lay Habanero Pepper Rings
Taste test: These rings had a fairly bright orange color with some small darker spots throughout. Shapewise, they were similar to Funyuns or other onion rings.
Upon biting in, there was a vastly different taste: a very tasty cheese flavor mixed with an intense hit of habanero. Once the habanero kicked in, it was hard to notice anything else. Even one small bite of one ring had enough heat to really light the mouth on fire. It you can't stand the heat, you won't want to get near these rings, but if you like hot peppers, this is a great snack to try.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of a sweet oniony smell, no hot peppers at all.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Palm Oil, Powdered Soy Sauce, Sugar, Powdered Miso, Habanero Powder, Dextrin, Protein Hydrolysate, Salt, Seasoning, Spice Extract, Egg Shell Calcium, Paprika Color, Flavoring, Sweetener, Acidulant.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (167 reviews)
- Hot Chips (999 snacks)
- Onion Rings (55 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (50 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Corn Pops Jumbo Snax Caramel Crunch
- Speedy Choice Carolina Reaper Premium Cheese Curls
- Froot Loops Jumbo Snax
- Kraken Extra Hot Flavor
- Speedy Choice Fire Roasted Sweet Corn Premium Popcorn
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road