Frit-os Chorizo y Chipotle
Taste test: This version of Frit-os from Mexico had not just an extra hyphen in the middle of the name, but also lots of extra dark seasoning powder all over the surfaces. The shapes were a bit different from regular Fritos, with a similar type of curviness but more variation in widths and lengths.
We crunched in to find a softer texture than regular Fritos and a flavor that was way more intense, with a mix of hot peppers, (simulated?) meat and lime that almost entirely covered up the plain salted corn taste. They didn't taste like anything else we've tried, so these really had their own unique mix of flavor. The intensity of the color and the intensity of the spices varied from one piece to the next, but overall there was lots of it. The flavor built up into some pretty good heat as we crunched on more pieces. Our snackers were big fans of the flavor. Really tasty. We'd highly recommend having this with a cold beverage!
Shop: Buy Fritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly spicy, nice. Way different from regular Fritos.
Online store: Buy Fritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Fritos (25 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (124 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Corn Chips (228 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (112 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (45 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at San Panchito Grocery, Philadelphia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road