Frisps Cheese & Onion Flavour
Taste test: These snacks tasted like French's French Fried Onions, and it was hard to stop eating them. The thing that caused me to stop eating them was that the 28-gram bag was empty before I knew it!
At first glance, they looked like regular potato chips with medium-wide ripples. But looks can deceive, and the "It's not a crisp" slogan on the front of the bag tipped me off that there might be more to these than met the eye.
In actuality, the Frisps were more like Pringles than regular potato chips — made from dried potatoes and molded into shape, rather than being actually cut from potatoes. Unlike Pringles, Frisps weren't uniformly shaped, and they were also thicker than Pringles. They also had a resemblance to Pringles in terms of the kind of potato taste. A great snack, and I hope they come in bigger bags!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A very mild onion aroma.
From the package: “It's not a Crisp ... it's a Frisp” ... “Cheese & Onion Flavour Reformed Potato Snack” ... “If these FRISPS do not reach you in first class condition please send the pack, to our Customer Services Department at the address on this pack, stating when and where you purchased it and we will be pleased to reimburse you, or replace the product for you. You statutory rights are not affected.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Cheese & Onion Chips (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road