Food Truck Inspired Jalapeño Queso Ripples Potato Chips
Taste test: Food trucks have gotten to be a big thing lately, and the potato chip companies have finally latched onto that trend. Wise recently added a taco flavor based on a recipe from a specific food truck. In the case of this store-brand bag, they declared it to be "Food Truck Inspired" without actually naming a truck or recipe.
The potato chips had wide ripples and very gently curving shapes, with a nice orange glow overall and a smattering of darker seasoning here and there. There were occasional areas of dark skin on the edges.
We crunched in to find a light crunch with very nice crispness, plus a very zesty flavor that had quite a nice kick to it. I'm not sure what this specific flavor had to do with food trucks but it did taste like a jalapeño queso dip. The heat wasn't overwhelming, but it was quite noticeable and added a lot of zing to the taste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good potato and cheese smell, could not really notice any jalapeño.
From the package: “There's a food truck revolution happening out there. From coast to coast, on street corners across America, everyone's lining up to sample new flavors and try unique culinary creations. If you love food trucks and your're ready to skip the line, give our Food Truck Inspired™ rippled potato chips a try.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Foodhold U.S.A., LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Cheese (310 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (237 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Stop & Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road