Food Truck Inspired Jalapeño Queso Ripples Potato Chips
Taste test: Food trucks have gotten to be a big thing lately, and the potato chip companies have finally latched onto that trend. Wise recently added a taco flavor based on a recipe from a specific food truck. In the case of this store-brand bag, they declared it to be "Food Truck Inspired" without actually naming a truck or recipe.
The potato chips had wide ripples and very gently curving shapes, with a nice orange glow overall and a smattering of darker seasoning here and there. There were occasional areas of dark skin on the edges.
We crunched in to find a light crunch with very nice crispness, plus a very zesty flavor that had quite a nice kick to it. I'm not sure what this specific flavor had to do with food trucks but it did taste like a jalapeño queso dip. The heat wasn't overwhelming, but it was quite noticeable and added a lot of zing to the taste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good potato and cheese smell, could not really notice any jalapeño.
From the package: “There's a food truck revolution happening out there. From coast to coast, on street corners across America, everyone's lining up to sample new flavors and try unique culinary creations. If you love food trucks and your're ready to skip the line, give our Food Truck Inspired™ rippled potato chips a try.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Foodhold U.S.A., LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Cheese (314 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Stop & Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road