Food Should Taste Good Chocolate Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These rectangular chips were mostly dark brownish in color, with a geometric pattern of dark spots and also some scattered light spots.
They were cut thick and had a good crispness and nice light crunch. They inspired some strong reactions from our tasters. On first bite, the taste was mostly tortilla chip. After that, it was sort of a burnt flavor in the initial aftertaste, but that morphed into more of an actual chocolate flavor in the longer-term aftertaste. Most tasters were generally giving a thumbs-down, but some revised their assessments a bit as the aftertaste kicked in. The back of the bag mentioned having these with vanilla ice cream, and some of our tasters independently suggested the same thing. (We didn't have any ice cream on hand to try it.)
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of remotely chocolate-like, mixed into the usual tortilla chips smell.
From the package: “An All Natural Recipe” ... “Tortilla Chips (it's a dessert, too!) Made With Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Dutch Cocoa, Sea Salt” ... “Certified Gluten-Free”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: FoodShouldTasteGood, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
This snack was discovered by Colleen. Review published March 2010.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road