Family Gourmet Cheddar Fries
Taste test: These fries looked to be a lot like Andy Capp's fries, which have proven popular for their nice texture and tasty flavors.
We crunched in to find a big contrast between the texture and the flavoring, as the texture was not impressive, while the flavoring was very good. The bag said that the fries were made from corn and potato, but the texture seemed almost like they were made from rice — it was crispy, but not in a good way, as the feel was extremely light and just didn't feel right. They did manage to load a lot of zesty cheddar flavoring onto the fries, and the flavoring was good, but the fries themselves had such an odd texture that the good flavoring helped only slightly. These fries didn't stick to the teeth the way that Andy Capp's do, but that's a price we're willing to pay for the nice texture that Andy Capp delivers. Might have to stick with the name brand next time.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very zesty smell of cheddar and various spices, maybe some hot pepper. Surprising.
From the package: “100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back” ... “oven baked”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Family Dollar Services, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Family Dollar. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road