Evercrisp Snack Mix
Taste test: This snack mix purchased in Chile contained two familiar brand names — Cheetos and Lay's — along with one that was new to us, Ramitas Evercrisp. When we looked inside the bag, it turned out that even those familiar brands has some surprises in store.
The Cheetos were of the Crunchy variety, but they had a much paler color than the familiar fluorescent orange American version that we're addicted to. It was a fairly light yellow, with just the slightest hints of orange. It had a good cheese taste, but a very mild one, so the toasted corn was more noticeable at times than the cheese.
The Lay's didn't look like the usual Lay's, as they had wide ripples that seemed more like Wavy Lay's. They were also a minority in the bag, far outnumbered by the other two kinds. They were very good though, with a nice crisp feel and a salty potato flavor.
The last of the three elements, Ramitas Evercrisp, was a thin, round-profile, wheat-based stick, similar to Churritos but with minimal seasoning and a very soft crunch.
A good mix!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The Cheetos were the dominant smell by far, a very nice mild cheese smell.
From the package: “Sonríe” ... “Mezcla de papas fritas saladas, cereal horneado de maíz, sabor queso y palitos de harina salados.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Argentina (4 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (418 snacks)
- Party Mixes (131 snacks)
- Wheat Snacks (69 snacks)
This snack was discovered in Santiago, Chile. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road