Engine co. 51 Hot Cheese Popcorn
Taste test: This bag contained lots of smallish kernels with a light orange color through, plus tiny spots of dark orange here and there.
We crunched in to find that the fire engine theme was right on, as there was an immediate kick of heat from the very first bite. The taste was a mix of cheese and hot spices, but there was enough of a heat that the hot spices easily dominated. The heat level was noticeably hotter than the Hot Curls from Engine 51.
The texture wasn't quite as impressive as the flavor, as the crispness was just middling, with somewhat mushy kernels here and there. But they sure did pack on the heat!
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular orange cheese popcorn smell. Nice, but not really any heat.
From the package: “Get ready to feel the heat of Engine Co. 51. While others fight to extinguish the blaze, we crank it up a notch. Packed with the same intensity as those who rush into burning buildings, our Hot Cheese Popcorn is sure to spark a fire with smoke eaters everywhere. The smoldering starts with only the finest hybrid popcorn variety so that our corn pops up fluffy and tender every time. Then we get the fire going with our unique blend of tasty cheddar cheese and our top secret flammable seasoning to set your taste buds on fire.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Barrel o' Fun Snack Food Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road