El Jinete Gourmet Tortilla Chips Lightly Salted
Taste test: These tortilla chips had a texture very similar to the hot, freshly cooked tortilla chips that they serve in Mexican restaurants, with a generally smooth surface and some air bubbles.
They weren't as crisp as the fresh ones at restaurants, but they were stronger, plenty strong for dipping. Since they were lightly salted, they didn't have all that much flavor on their own, so I would definitely recommend that they be dipped into salsa or another appropriate dip. Most of the chips had relatively little curve to them, and more curve would have helped to scoop up more dip.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like the standard restaurant tortilla chips smell.
From the package: “A quarter century ago, in a small town in Wisconsin, a young man named Guilllermo ran a small bodega. Guillermo loved to cook ... He prepared authentic recipes that had been passed down in his family from generation to generation, and served them at the bodega's lunch counter. People came from far and wide just to try Guillermo's delicious Tortilla Chips. All of his chips were hand made from 100% stoneground white corn. They were all natural with no additives, preservatives or MSG. Each chip was lightly seasoned to perfection!”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: El Jinete Corporation
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published February 2007.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road