El Jinete Gourmet Tortilla Chips Zesty Lime
Taste test: The taste of these chips was a surprise, as we expected a fairly plain tortilla chip with some lime seasoning, but El Jinete took the word "zesty" quite seriously and added quite a bit of chile pepper seasoning in addition to the lime.
The large, quarter-oval chips closely resembled the fresh chips that they make in Mexican restaurants, with a thick cut and lots of crunch. Many of the chips had bubbles in them. The flavor level varied significantly from chip to chip, and it was easy to see which ones had lots of seasoning. Tasty, crunchy and quite good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slight tortilla chips smell, but no lime.
From the package: “A quarter century ago, in a small town in Wisconsin, a young man named Guilllermo ran a small bodega. Guillermo loved to cook ... He prepared authentic recipes that had been passed down in his family from generation to generation, and served them at the bodega's lunch counter. People came from far and wide just to try Guillermo's delicious Tortilla Chips. All of his chips were hand made from 100% stoneground white corn. They were all natural with no additives, preservatives or MSG. Each chip was lightly seasoned to perfection!”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: El Jinete Corporation
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published February 2007.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road