El Sabroso Homestyle Cantina Especial White Corn Tortilla Chips Jalapeño Lime
Taste test: These large, quarter-circle tortilla chips had a light beige color and somewhat bumpy surfaces, with an uneven smattering of green seasoning bits of various sizes.
I crunched in to find a light crunch and a fairly mild taste at first, just a hint of lime. After that, a mild jalapeño heat kicked in, adding some zestiness to the chips and helping to bring out some more corn flavor. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice! Couldn't actually smell lime or jalapeño, but there must have been enough of it to really bring out the corn smell in a nice way.
From the package: “the original tortilla chip was first popularized as a snack in Los Angeles during the 1940's” ... “El Sabroso Cantina Tortilla Chips are made that same old fashioned way. Our chips are cut from freshly made corn tortillas, and cooked to a delicious authentic crunch. The resulting chip is far superior to ordinary tortilla chips for making Nachos for scooping your favorite guacamole.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Snak King
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (246 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road