Eataly Housemade Potato Chips Nduja Spice
Taste test: This small bag of store-made potato chips contained quite a few chips, and impressively, every single one of them was unbroken — and quite a few were not just large but huge! The chips had a nice yellow color with various levels of browning in places, plus a heavy smattering of some dark red stuff on some chips (but it was absent on most of them). The bag just said "Spice" but the display in the store defined it as Nduja, a pork-based spicy spread.
I crunched in to find a very nice texture, crisp and generally brittle, but it did vary in some of the chips, as some were thicker than others, and there was even a chewy spot on one. The chips without the red stuff also lacked the spice, but they were excellent as plain potato chips go, with a great potato flavor to go along with the very fresh texture. The spiced ones were moderately hot and quite tasty. I ended up eating the whole bag in one sitting, and even with the mix of hot and not-hot chips, there was a nice hot aftertaste. Great chips!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like potato, but some mild pepper smell too.
From the package: “Made fresh daily” ... “Hand-cut and fried in-house”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Italy (41 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road