Dutch Crunch Kettle Cooked Cracked Black Pepper & Balsamic Vinegar
Taste test: These chips were a fairly bright yellow in color and somewhat wiggly, with skin on some edges and a sparse coating of smallish fragments of black pepper.
Some kinds of salt and pepper chips taste a little vinegary (without ever claiming to have any vinegar) but these chips took the concept to the next level, as both the vinegar and pepper were named on the package. As it turned out, I couldn't taste a whole lot of pepper, and the vinegar, though stronger than the pepper, didn't have a ton of zing. But the combination of these two types turned out to be quite tasty, and our snackers liked these chips a lot.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild pepper smell.
From the package: “In the beginning there was kettle cooking and it was good. 150 years ago, potato chips were born as a gourmet food. Fredh potatoes were sliced thick, cooked in large kettles, then hand seasoned — 'The Thick and Crunchy Treat For the Elite.' Well, we decided to bring traditional kettle cooking back. Dutch Crunch chips are kettle cooked naturally, a small batch at a time, in pure Sunflower oil. We insist on Sunflower oil because it has no cholesteral, which is good, and it cooks the chips to a perfect crisp, with no oily taste, which is great. After cooking each batch (11 minutes, not 10, not 12, for perfect crunch) we hand pick the best chips and season them with choice spices and herbs. The results are possibly the finest chips you've ever tasted.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (337 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (167 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (127 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road