Doritos The Quest
There were no words on the bag giving any clues to the flavor, but perhaps the color of the letters might give you a clue. The chips had a sweet flavor, and our tasters couldn't figure out whether it was more lemon- or lime-flavored. Some guesses included key lime pie, margarita flavors, etc.
In the end, we decided it was Mountain Dew flavored, which made sense if you went to the Doritos Interweb site and played the game (which is no longer there). They were offering a chance to win $100,000 if you could solve a series of puzzles. The first puzzle's answer was Mountain Dew.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: They smell more like Fritos than Doritos.
From the package: “Solve the Puzzles. Take Control. The challenges are many ... The victors are few ... Guessing the flavor is only the beginning ...”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Beverage-themed (20 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road