Doritos The Quest
There were no words on the bag giving any clues to the flavor, but perhaps the color of the letters might give you a clue. The chips had a sweet flavor, and our tasters couldn't figure out whether it was more lemon- or lime-flavored. Some guesses included key lime pie, margarita flavors, etc.
In the end, we decided it was Mountain Dew flavored, which made sense if you went to the Doritos Interweb site and played the game (which is no longer there). They were offering a chance to win $100,000 if you could solve a series of puzzles. The first puzzle's answer was Mountain Dew.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: They smell more like Fritos than Doritos.
From the package: “Solve the Puzzles. Take Control. The challenges are many ... The victors are few ... Guessing the flavor is only the beginning ...”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Lime Chips (153 snacks)
- Beverage-themed (19 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road