Doritos Poppin' Jalapeno
Taste test: These Doritos (one of more than 100 Doritos flavors we've reviewed) had about the same color as the regular Nacho Cheese Doritos, a fairly bright shade of orange, with the addition of some tiny green specks on them. There was a definite jalapeno edge to the cheese taste, though not really much heat at first. Without even thinking about it, I ended up eating several of these Doritos in succession, and when I did that, the heat definitely grew stronger. It was not an intense, run-for-some-water type of heat, but it was still strong and did enhance the cheese flavor. The good crispness and high level of cheese was typical Doritos.
We would be more impressed if they had put a lot more heat in these, but even with this middling heat, they were a pretty good addition to the Doritos line.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some of the regular Doritos smell, but there was definitely some fresh jalapeno mixed in, and it made my mouth water.
From the package: “Only available for a limited time, so grab a bag today!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (148 snacks)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (591 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (237 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road