Doritos Late Night Tacos at Midnight
Taste test: I'm not sure what the Doritos folks were thinking when they named this flavor (which is just one of more than 100 flavors that we've reviewed).
Taco-flavored Doritos are a great idea (and one they've done before), and tacos are definitely something that people eat at midnight. However, the decision to consume tacos at that hour often has something to do with how many drinks you've had, so the standards for tacos eaten under those circumstances aren't necessarily very high.
When I opened the bag, I saw that the usual color of Doritos was made significantly darker by the addition of a good dose of nearly black-colored seasoning. The taste was quite good. It didn't taste like just taco powder, as many taco-flavored snacks do, but really more like the mix of flavors that make up a taco, specifically a grilled chicken taco. Very tasty!
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, it really does smell like heavily seasoned tacos from a good taco place.
From the package: “The night is calling. Satisfy your craving with a new Doritos® brand experience.” ... “Need more late night satisfaction? Also try Last Call Jalapeño Popper”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road