Doritos Pizza-La Curry Monterey
Taste test: These tortilla looked generally like regular Doritos, with a color similar to Cool Ranch Doritos, but the shape was slightly different, as one of the three edges was rounded, giving each chip the shape of a slice of pizza.
Unfortunately, the similarities to pizza ended there. Despite the pizza theme and co-branding with Pizza-La (a Japanese pizza chain), the chips did not taste taste anything like pizza. Our tasters were split on whether there was any curry taste. It was not an bad taste, but it was a tough flavor to classify — and not one that anyone raved about.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong tangy smell, maybe like curry, but not like pizza.
From the package: “All the taste and toppings you want on a pizza straight from our oven to your door!!” ... “Open up with your smile” ... “Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oil, Dried Potato, Salt, Spices, Sugar, Cheese Powder, Protein Hydrolysate, Mayonnaise Powder, Vegetable Extract Powder, Yeast Extract Powder, Powdered Egg Yellow, Powdered Sauce, Spicy Oil, Seasoning, Flavoring, Acidulant, Spice Extract.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Pizza Chips (70 snacks)
- Curry (29 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published September 2008.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road