Doritos Gourmet Fried Chicken and Green Onion Sauce
Taste test: This variety of Doritos had a light, Cool Ranch-like color and a modified wedge shape, with a very rounded corner at on most acute of the three corners.
(possibly to prevent anyone from getting stabbed by the pointiest end). The taste was pretty good, as it really did taste like the seasoning an Asian chicken dish with an oniony sauce. Though most of our tasters liked the flavor, the seasoning was on the mild side, so more flavor powder would have been better.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells mostly like soy sauce, with some other flavors as well.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Palm Oil, Dried Leek, Spices, Powdered Soy Sauce, Sugar, Protein Hydrolysate, Salt, Seasoning, Flavoring, Acidulant, Sweetener” ... “product of Japan”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (153 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (597 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (115 snacks)
- Chicken Snacks (87 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published October 2008.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road